Sunday, May 13, 2018

EncaustiCastle: an artist haven

I just returned from Lexington, Kentucky - horse capital of the world - after teaching Library of Memories, a 3 ½ day mixed media book workshop. I was the first half of a week long retreat at EncaustiCastle - the home and studio of Patricia Baldwin Seggebruch


I have known Tricia for years, although this was the first time we met. In looking through my emails, our first "official" contact was in 2008. She was a contributing artist in my first book The Pulse of Mixed Media.


Tricia holds events at her EncaustiCastle throughout the year and has created a special and magical place for artists to meet, stay and create. Take a look at some of these views...and you will see just what I mean.






Tricia is an accomplished encaustic artist and has her work displayed artfully throughout the Castle. I  coveted it all.




  








And it wouldn't be Lexington without the requisite horse


Like what you see? Check out the artists coming to the EncaustiCastle, read about WinterWax or EncaustiCamp, or make your own EncaustiCreativity with a visit through AirBnB.

And stay tuned for more posts where I highlight all the art we made in class. It's gonna take a few posts to do that!

8 comments:

eb said...

exquisitely shared
such a magical castle
thanks Seth

sarascloset said...

Magical, indeed! I can't wait to see what you all created! Thank you for sharing these lovely photos!

Redanne said...

The outside is beautiful and the inside is stunning! I love the gorgeous stain glass window and the beautiful ceiling rose... wow!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Truly beautiful place inside out out. Inspiring photos. Tracy ❤️

Patricia Lintner said...

What a beautiful place to be Seth! The artwork is also amazing. Simple and so relaxing to look at. Thank you for sharing!

PaperArtsy said...

Oh wow. I love her art on the walls. So simple and serene in colour and composition I love encaustic but never had a go. I’d be an artistic pig in mud there for sure!! What a cool place!!!

A Pink said...

What an amazing place to spend time creating art, so abundant with inspiration inside and out . Tricias art is incredible . She is a true master of her craft .
NO doubt those lucky enough to attend had a thoroughly enjoyable time .
Thanks for sharing x

SewPaperPaint said...

Oh my gosh, how amazing! What a treat and can't wait to see the results.