Wednesday, September 6, 2017

#ARTifacts: July 2017

Artifacts (plural noun): objects made by a human being, typically an item of cultural or historical interest.

ARTifacts (plural noun): a collaborative project for 2017 documenting adventures in art.


Every year I have so many "art memories" from my travels, my teaching, my adventures in NYC, and my studio work. I have decided that 2017 will be the year of ARTifacts where I document my adventures in art for the entire year in a physical book. Here is a glimpse of my July pages.



Always wanting to be inclusive, I turned my project into a no-rules collaboration. Participants were asked to find or make some sort of artist book, planner, scrapbook, 3-ring-binder, folder, or other container to document their creative experiences, whether they be in art, craft, or anything else.  As you can see below, each and every participant put their own creative twist on this project. And it is never too late to join. Email me at shap97@gmail.com if you would like to participate.

-------------------------------------

YOU CAN SEE ALL PREVIOUS MONTHS HERE

JULY 2017

7 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Lots of eye candy to explore this morning. So many wonderful ARTifacts, so little time.

Sisterhood of the Muse said...

Great collection!

Jackie PN said...

Wow so many different Artifacts- no two the same- thanks for sharing Seth!
Jackie ")

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Variety- the spice of life! It's a wonderful mix this month!

Chris Lally said...

Looks like it was a very busy month. Love your July collection & the gorgeous artwork of the participants.
Great post, Seth!

Robert said...

Your pages for July are amazing, Seth, inspired by parts of your busy summer. Didn't get around to contributing for July but really enjoyed the images from those who did. Love the inclusiveness of this collaboration!

A Pink said...

Your July pages must be jam packed with all your arty adventures , Seth . I loved following you down under on both social media and here on your blog- tfs. They certainly look fab from here . A terrific collection of pages from artifact participants - such a variety of artistic styles. Inspiring to see .
have a great weekend
x