Tuesday, March 28, 2017

#ARTifacts: February 2017

Artifacts (plural noun): objects made by a human being, typically an item of cultural or historical interest.

ARTifacts (plural noun): a collaborative project for 2017 documenting adventures in art.


Every year I have so many "art memories" from my travels, my teaching, my adventures in NYC, and my studio work. I have decided that 2017 will be the year of ARTifacts where I document my adventures in art for the entire year in a physical book. Always wanting to be inclusive, I turned my project into a no-rules collaboration.

Participants were asked to find or make some sort of artist book, planner, scrapbook, 3-ring-binder, folder, or other container to document their creative experiences, whether they be in art, craft, or anything else.  As you can see below, each and every participant put their own creative twist on this project. And it is never too late to join. Email me at shap97@gmail.com if you would like to participate.

-------------------------------------

JANUARY 2017

FEBRUARY 2017





Jeanie Bernard










12 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Looks like lots more participants this month. I'm off to see what others have created. Some are drop dead gorgeous.

Unknown said...

so much beauty and so much diversity :) Thanks Seth for showing this to us.

Carol Wiebe said...

I also love the variety!

peggy gatto said...

thanks for the inspiration!

SandeeNC said...

Very interesting to see the varied takes on this, love them all :)

Monique's art said...

Love seeing all different takes. Thanks for sharing

Jackie PN said...

Looks like everyone had a wonderful class- great pieces from your students Seth!
hugs ")

Debi Adams said...

Never ceases to amaze me how diverse all the artistry is here. Love seeing everyone's interpretation. It has inspired me. Thanks for your kindness as well.

Marjie Kemper said...

Wow! So many unique pages - thanks for sharing, Seth, and for including mine.

Indira said...

Amazing diverse talent! Thanks, Seth, for your generosity in creating this space on your blog to show our work.

A Pink said...

Wonderful array of creativity Everyone . Thanks for sharing. Gonna have to get my act together as I would love to join in . x

Karen said...

Great to see some many different styles! That's a lot of inspiration.