Sunday, April 24, 2016

The Week Links: 99

Join me every Sunday when I share some of my favorite links I discovered in the previous week. Earlier posts in the series can be found here.

And here is Week 99...


1. In love with this cool vintage printers tray filled with treasures by Tammy Tutterow.


2. Stampington visits the 5 top trends in mixed media art on their blog Somerset Place.


3. Cannot wait to see Cornelia Parker's rooftop installation on the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC. It is a 30 foot high replica of the Bates Motel.


 

Fun fact: notice the tall, thin skyscraper to the left in the picture and in the video. That is 432 Park Avenue, the tallest residential building in the western hemisphere at 88 stories. Here is one of the views:


4. And speaking of building in NYC, Anton Repponen shows us what 10 iconic NYC buildings would look like in open spaces.


5. Digging the assemblage work of Jon Andrew from greyjey studios.



6. 15 creative Instagram accounts to follow via Design Sponge.



7. Around the World with 80 Artists: sign up now to get a free eBook on May 25 of what looks to be a very cool publication.

5 comments:

Sisterhood of the Muse said...

Great set of links! Now on to that additiobal cup of coffee. Have a good week!

Jo Murray said...

Unusual stuff this week thanks Seth. The Bates house on the Met!....but is it art?

donna joy said...

enjoyed the links this wk. I have a printers tray my mom gave me in the 3rd grade-filled with little memento's of life. Found a few more artist's to follow on instagram too~

elle said...

I have 2 trays to fill with on trend items! :) Roof top views are breathtaking but the contrast of buildings and nature are remarkable. I signed up to travel the world! Thanks, Seth

Nan G said...

Fab links this week, Seth. How do you find time to find these and teach classes and travel and and..... Phew! I've signed up to travel around the world too. And rejoined somerset place. Keep 'em coming.