Sunday, April 10, 2016

The Week Links: 97

Join me every Sunday when I share some of my favorite links I discovered in the previous week. Earlier posts in the series can be found here.

And here is Week 97...


1. Hanging tress sculptures made from papier-mâché, paint, wire and metal by Jorge Mayet.








4. Absolutely in love with this upcycled binder that Peg Robinson made. And she even shared a step-by-step video so you can see how it is done. Full disclosure -- she used some of my stencils from StencilGirl Products to create this trash-to-treasure piece.


5. Black gesso embossing from Marta Turska-Grochocka -- and a video that takes you through her process.




6. Paint, oil, milk and liquid soap mixed together by Thomas Blanchard makes for one hypnotizing video.



7. Excited to see Thought is Infinite, June Leaf's upcoming exhibition at The Whitney in NYC.

10 comments:

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

I enjoyed these great links, Seth! Thank you for sharing!

lynne h said...

oh, june leaf....

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

All the LINKS are FAB!

JaMajka said...

Thank You once again Seth, it's a great honour! I love Your art :)

Art Joy of Sharing with Peg and Shel said...

Oh Seth, what an honor to be among those featured on your blog. Thanks so much for sharing.

Sisterhood of the Muse said...

Again a great set of Links! YES! to Robert Rauschenberg...I keep a copy of a Combine in my journal for inspiration. Love his quote of working "in the gap between art and life". Thanks for this...and have a great week!

Cappuccinoandartjournal.blogspot.com said...

Rober Rauschenberg and Melinda Tidwell -- on my! two of my favorites.

Jo Murray said...

Have bookmarked the Rauschenberg article...THANK YOU. So many fascinating things to look at this week.

Cathe Holden said...

So fantastic to be in such great company as the line-up you put together for #97! Thank you Seth. Looks like I'll actually get to meet you this weekend in Santa Rosa- I'll be set up at the Art Trunk!

elle said...

gee, I'm not sure which one to wax lyrical about. They are all remarkable. Thanks for doing this, Seth. Makes my week!!! :)