Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Stitched Tribeca



I am very happy to now be able to tell locals and visitors to New York City that my artwork is on display at a very cool place called Stitched Tribeca. This new venue in Tribeca -- Triangle below Canal for the foreigners out there -- is part workshop, part retail space, and part gallery. 


I met the owner, Val Chan, when I was vending late last year at Bust Craftacular and she generously invited me to be a part of her new space.


Stitched Tribeca teaches classes to adults and children in sewing, knitting, crocheting and more. 


The store also carries basic and unique craft supplies and has a rotating gallery of art from local makers. 


Much of the art on display is connected with upcycling. All 10 pieces that I currently have on display include found objects....



There is such an exciting vibe to Stitched Tribeca. It has an indie DIY feel with just a sprinkling of urban thrown in for good measure. 


You can read a bit more about my work at ST on this post that Val put on her blog.

I hope that those of you living in or visiting NYC get a chance to stop by and take a look or take a class. Tell Val that Seth sent ya!

13 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

Looks GREAT!
I like the cool vibe...Congrats to you!

joy said...

I'd love to be close enough to visit this interesting place!

Anne Marie - Toronto said...

I'd be right at home in that shop!!! I stitch and love both recycling and art!! Heck I could even teach and hang out there! Too bad that I'm in TO and it's in NY. Congrats on a new out-of-the box gallery to showcase your work.

Kathryn Dyche said...

Looks like such a great creative space for people to come together. Way to go Seth.

bcap61 said...

will have to remember to visit next time i'm in the city!

Parabolic Muse said...

It makes me wish I lived near so I could just browse and browse and hang around and haunt and sleep over night there. Right on the showroom floor.
Chris
p.s. Don't give them a head's up.

elle said...

It serves some wonderful purposes! And looks great. I'd definitely visit!

john said...

Congratulations on your new "gig". I know how great your pieces look on a wall because I have a couple! :-)

Brian Kasstle said...

Great works! Congrats on your newest show! You know if I was out there I'd go!

Mary C. Nasser said...

Congratulations!
Love the way your work looks in the space from the photos!

Nan G said...

Looks like a cool place for learning. Congrats on displaying your art there.

Jo Murray said...

You are EVERYWHERE Seth. Congratulations! Looks good.

Jackie PN said...

Very cool place- will check it out when I go to NY again!