Friday, March 14, 2014

It is Crystal Clear

Artist Crystal Neubauer has recently started a series of guest artist projects on her blog Other People's Flowers that focus on different aspects of being an artist today.


Every Monday for 10 weeks, Crystal is sharing the Redemption Stories from a series of 10 different artists: Jan Avellana, Grace Carol Bomer, Beth Morey, Amanda Jolley, Bridgette Guerzon Mills, Kelly Williams, Trish Baldwin, Sue Simpson, Robin Norgren, and Tessa Emie (Moore).


Over the course of 10 Wednesdays, Crystal is highlighting the Studio Spaces of the following 10 artists: Tonia Jenny, Sue Stover, Michel Fletcher, Jason Twiggy Lott, Patrica Oblack, Laura Lein Svencner, Tye Johnson, Anca Bonner, Leslie Avon Miller, and Kristina Honn-Trudell.


On Fridays for 10 weeks, Crystal is shining the light on Found Object collections. Today is my day to be featured. The other 9 artists sharing their finds are K Wayne Thornley, Rick Farrell, Mary Beth Shaw, Kariann Blank, Wen Redmond, Shary Bartlett, Deryn Mentock, Donna Zarbin-Byrne, and Barbara Buckles.

I for one love these types of posts that open a window into the workings of an artist. Thanks for all the work you did to put this together Crystal and thank you for including me.

7 comments:

amy of studio four corners said...

I agree Seth...always enjoy seeing the inner workings (both physically and mentally!) of other artists - I'll have to pop over and give it a look...congrats!

Jackie PN said...

love this and will absolutely be checking in...I am always curious to learn about The Artist Mind - with others! thanks for sharing Seth!

Darlene K Campbell said...

I'm in for peeking into artist's studios and looking at their art junk. Seth, that chain is divine.
Going over now to take a look...see already you have me distracted from painting. (Needed a break anyway...)

Brian Kasstle said...

I love Crystal's work. I love this series! Congratulations on being featured! I am sooooo in love with this featured pieces on your blog. It reminds me of being a kid up in Montana. Visiting saw-mills with my Dad. My Dad was creative and artistic. My Dad loved, rusty grungy things too. I know that is the origin for me for that. This piece gives me really warm feeling. Thank you Seth!

Jo Murray said...

As a bit of a 'voyeur'...I'll be following these links carefully. Good on you Seth.

Bridgette Guerzon Mills said...

Every time I see a round rusty object on the street, I think of you. ha! I'm not kidding!

Crystal Marie said...

I loved being able to feature you and your amazing work Seth. Thank-you for taking the time to share what you did AND for giving the series a shout out here!