Saturday, March 8, 2014

Book Reviews

It is always exciting -- and surreal as well -- for me to come across one of my books on the shelves in a bookstore. It never gets old and reminds me of just how fortunate I am.

On the shelves in Barnes & Noble in Manhattan Beach, California

It is equally exciting when I see reference to my book on the pages of a magazine. 


I am honored that my newest book The Mixed-Media Artist is among the first to be included in Book Club, a new section within the current March/April 2014 issue of Cloth Paper Scissors Magazine. For each of the books included, sample pages and artwork are shown and thoughts from the author are provided. In addition to my book, No Excuses Art Journaling by Gina Rossi Armfield and Delight in the Art of Collage by Lisa M. Pace are also included.


There is also a review of the book in the Cover to Cover section of the current Spring 2014 issue of Scrapbooking & Beyond. It begins with "You'll want this book by the bed or your easy chair - it won't go on the shelf any time soon." I love the fact that the book is being introduced to the scrapbooking community as I like to bring mixed media to as many different creative people as possible.


A review of The Mixed-Media Artist can also be found in issue #7 of the online Mixed Media Art Magazine. If you are not yet familiar with this magazine, check out the link. And stay tuned for an upcoming post sharing more from this great publication.

Thank you to the people behind these publications who have helped get the word out about my book. And thanks to all those who have sent me such positive feedback about what they have found on its pages.

8 comments:

Brian Kasstle said...

Running into your book on a shelve always gives me a smile!

rivergardenstudio said...

Congratulations Seth. I love your books, they just seem to jump off the shelf when i walk by!
roxanne

Kathryn Dyche said...

Congratulations, smiling. :0)

elle said...

Makes me happy,too. I don't know too many famous people! ;)

tgarrett said...

So glad to have your books and even more happy I got to meet you and take a class from you!

Darlene K Campbell said...

Thanks for the intro to Mixed Media Magazine. It's a rush for me too when I see your books on the store shelves...hey, I know him.

Hastypearl said...

Cant even IMAGINE, what that must feel like. I would have done exactly what you did...sneak a pic, and then I would do a happy dance :) Laura

juliaD said...

Hi Seth,
I purchased your book a little while ago, and read of Dan for the first time there. I truly am happy that I learnt of this glorious young man. And so sad, that his gift to the world has been stilled. What he has left behind though is still inspiring others, and will continue to do so, through many avenues, not least through your including him in your books. Thank you for that. I love your book, and it has pride of place on my coffee table for everyone to see who visits me.