Friday, March 28, 2014

Artexpo New York 2014

Six pieces from my Passages series to be shown at Artexpo New York

One week from today I will be standing in my booth at Artexpo New York. This art exhibition has been running for 35 years in NYC but this will be my first time exhibiting. If you are in or close to New York, this is definitely going to be a must see event. There are over 400 exhibitors and more than 17,000 people have already gotten their tickets online.


Artexpo New York is being held at Pier 94, on the Hudson River on the West Side of NYC. The Piers, each 1,100 feet long, were completed in 1935. While Pier 94 is exclusively used for exhibition space, the others are used as passenger terminals for cruise ships and as the home of USS Intrepid.


Artexpo is really three shows in one. The Solo Pavilion includes emerging and mid-career artists who have been juried in. I am part of this area, in booth S210. Artexpo also includes a more traditional exhibition area which is gallery-based. Finally, there is the Deco Expo Showcase which focuses on art and framing.

Those of you who are able to attend can also take advantage of a huge array of educational opportunities hosted by well-known industry professionals at the Topic & Trends Education Series. There are nearly 25 seminars, demonstrations and lectures over the course of the three days. For example, special guest David Bromstad, winner of the first HGTV Design Star, will be speaking on Friday.

The exhibition is open on Friday April 4 from 10am-7pm, Saturday April 5 from 10am-7pm, and Sunday April 6 from 10am-6pm. There is an opening night party being held on Friday from 4-7pm - and this includes food, drink and gift bags to all attendees. Tickets for the Artexpo are $20 but if you contact me directly, I can provide you with complimentary admission.

I have not yet had time to photograph all of my work, but I have been shooting detail shots along the way. Here are just a few...

















14 comments:

Maureen said...

Congratulations on being juried in. I'm sure your work will find its audience there. Wonderful pieces, Seth.

john said...

OMG! I so wish I could see your work in person. Wonderful! You are out-doing yourself! :-)

Joyce said...

Fantastic pieces, Seth-coloration, design, assemblage all comes together so beautifully. Best of luck at the show!!! Joyce

Brian Kasstle said...

Congratulations Seth on your wonderful exhibit! I really wish I was there to see all your pieces.

donna joy said...

If I lived in NYC would for sure come see these in person-best of luck!

Jackie PN said...

Oh My Fabulous pieces of art!!! Seth, your attention to details is terrific! Best of luck and I hope it is warm at the pier!
ps thanks for the reply!!

Kathryn Dyche said...

Loving these creations Seth and they work so well together as a group too. Have an amazing time, sounds like a fantastic show.

Erin in Morro Bay said...

I think this is some of the most exciting work I've seen you do. I'll be cheering you on from the other coast!
Erin

Nan G said...

Congrats on being juried in!! You'll have an awesome show with fab pieces! If I lived within a hundred miles I be there. :)

Kathy McElroy said...

Love your work. Wish I could see it in person.

Jean Rubman said...

Congratulations, Seth, Looks exciting, Great pieces, much success!

Maryanne said...

These pieces are so fantastic, Seth! Wish I could see the show. But, we'll be there for all your classes at the Queen's!! Can't wait!

rivergardenstudio said...

Oh Seth, you have outdone yourself with this group of artworks. I LOVE them, they are spectacular. Wish I could be there too!
roxanne

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

you always give me such creative thoughts. I just recently purchased a vintage cabinet card family book from an antique store that was closing.The binding was broken but the cover and photos are in place minus one page.I am really thinking on that book now.Thanks for the inspiration.
susan salyer