Monday, October 22, 2012

The Need to Tell Stories

I have been working behind the scenes with Roxanne Evans Stout and Elizabeth Wix on a new, collaborative workshop. I am excited to be able to be working with such creative people and equally excited to bring to you:

The Need to Tell Stories


The three of us will be hosting what is sure to be a magical weekend of creativity in New York City. On March 9th and 10th, we will be opening up the Little Bird Creations Studio to 10 people, who will spend two days making their own book, creating pages of art, and writing their own story.

You will start the weekend off by creating a book from scratch that will be the structure to house your art and stories. You will then be guided through a series of unique art activities to bring out your creative spirit and add art to your pages. Next you will write your own story and tell your tale on the pages of the book. You will finish up by binding your pages and pulling the whole project together. In between there will be special, creative exercises and a lot of bonding going on.

The workshop will begin from the moment you register, as you begin to think of your theme and gather scraps, words, art materials, found objects, etc. - all of which will support your story. All three of us will be available by email to answer questions, guide you through your art gathering, and help you develop your story.

Additional details, including the supply list and workshop fee, can be found on the Little Bird site. Please note that in order to register for this workshop, you have to first join the Little Bird Meetup site and be approved for membership. At that point you can register for the workshop, which is payable through Paypal only.

Registration opens on Tuesday, October 23rd at 10am EST but you can sign up in advance to become a member of the Meetup group so that you are eligible to register. As there are only ten spots, I hope that those of you who wish to register will do so quickly.

Roxanne, Elizabeth and I are very excited to be doing this together. And I certainly hope YOU can join US too!

9 comments:

Ruth Armitage said...

Sounds like a fun class Seth! I love narrative art. I wish I lived a bit closer!

rivergardenstudio said...

Seth, I am so excited to be a part of this incredible workshop, and to be able to teach with you and Elizabeth is too amazing for words!!
roxanne

Jo Murray said...

Bad luck me... have fun Seth.

The Creative Beast said...

Congratulations on this wonderful collaborative effort Seth! If I was in NY, I would certainly participate =-)

Jen Crossley said...

Congratulations I would so love to be there .Have fun xx

Eyeleeeen said...

I am so sad I'm unavailable that weekend. I'm sure everyone who attends will learn so much and leave with books they'll cherish.

Bill said...

Man, I wish you could develop this into an online course. It sounds so fantastic!

Holly Dean Artist said...

Having recently driven to Rhide Island, I realize that I could actually take one of your workshops in NYC! It's not as far as I thought. This workshop is especially enticing to me, but I am teaching a workshop myself that weekend. Drat! One day the time will be right :)

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

Seth this sounds exciting... I wish I could be there but know you have me in your heart...you are doing great work! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart